Monday, June 08, 2009

A Kadazan wedding at KDCA







Wooah been some time since the last update..been busy of sorts lately..
Anyway I'd try to update this blog 1-2 times a week at least to keep it fresh..ok on to this weeks story..

I attended a wedding reception( Brian & Adrina) yesterday with my family at KDCA it was a usual Kadazan Penampang style wedding with all the stage singing and band, sumazau & traditional dances plus lotsa food and drinks except this one had a little something extra..

well seeing as harvest fest just only was over..the bride and groom were wearing traditional Kadazan costume along with quite a number of the entourage as well and later on the highlight of the event was the traditional marriage ceremony- where the bride and groom fed each other rice and lihing chicken soup(I think) and pour rice wine for their respective parents/in laws kinda like the Chinese tea ceremony.

Then came the cake cutting and the usual yam-seng toasts.
For me it was a clicky opportunity with my camera..getting to know the dewan conditions etc bla bla..
Well I'll guess I'll shut up now and let the pics do the talking then..

No comments: